NIC as a premier ICT solution provider to Government at all levels has always taken the first step to introduce the latest technologies and services in government, be it the introduction of ICT in Government, establishment and management of NICNET or National Knowledge Network (NKN), design, development and deployment of critical e-Governance solutions and a host of other services required by the Government. NICSI is a trusted partner of NIC and has been instrumental in supporting all NIC’s initiatives through provisioning of resources and establishing & managing ICT infrastructure such as National Data Center at Shastri Park, Development Center, Cloud infrastructure etc. Recognizing the emerging ecosystem and the challenges and opportunities it offers to Government as a whole, NIC and NICSI have come together to jointly set up the Centre of Excellence for Data Analytics (CEDA) to support Government departments at all levels to unlock the hidden potential of the data that they have been generating as a part of the governance processes and use it to improve the overall governance.
NIC and NICSI are uniquely positioned to establish the Centre of Excellence for Data Analytics for the following important reasons:
- Extensive domain knowledge
- Deep understanding of government processes and functioning
- Ability to provide the offerings as managed services; departments need not be worried about how the software or the supporting infrastructure is being managed
- Ability to quickly respond to Government’s requirements
- Wide and deep reach within government
- Extensive experience in establishing and managing infrastructure